Content is King. We have talked a lot lately about the advantages and benefits of content marketing strategies but, however, if we are not able to optimize the SEO of our content, these never get its full potential.
Because the items can add value, be viral, succeed in social networks and can even afford to get conversions … but if we do not prepare oriented SEO articles all profits will be ephemeral.
Caring for our SEO content marketing strategy is essential for the results endure over time. Thus, our items will get attract qualified traffic to our website incrementally maintaining the profitability of our content in the long run.
And not all content is text: in our content marketing strategy must learn to also optimize the SEO of our images and our videos … we start?
Optimizing SEO for our items
If we are to base our marketing strategy contained in the articles we will have to learn to optimize the SEO of our texts.
Everything starts with keyword research
The search and selection of keywords is essential to optimize the SEO of our content. As one of our objectives is to position items to get progressively drive traffic, keyword selection is a critical step since commit other content optimization.
We are interested to choose those terms for maximum search volume with the lowest level of competition. Want to learn more about this topic?
The length of the article also has
If we want to position our content in the search results text should have an area greater than 500 words on average.
Obviously, not all pages or for all topics you can write 500 words. Depend on our judgment to choose the appropriate extension taking into account that the longer the items are usually better positioned.
Not everything is quantity: the importance of quality
Copywriting is essential in positioning the SEO of our content. Therefore, preparing grammatically correct text without spelling is a must.
Similarly, we must strive for our content are attractive, trendsetting and value to the end user.
On Page Optimization our content
Now is when the real work begins of our content SEO optimization.
The first thing we have to optimize is the title of our articles. Among other functions, the title attribute is the result that Google displays in most cases (not always) in the search results … and here lies much of its importance.
On the other hand, search engines use the title to learn the content of the page, so you have to include your main keywords.
We must not forget that this attribute must have a lower extension to 60-65 characters because search engines will cut the remaining characters in their results generating quite asymmetric effect. Therefore, and in conclusion, to optimize the title we must consider that:
- Its size must be less than 60-65 characters
- It should contain the main keyword to position
- It should be attractive for the user to click on the search result
- It has to be descriptive of the page content
It is also important to optimize the meta description. As the title, this attribute is used by search engines in their results so its optimization also helps to increase the CTR. Its size can be up to 160 characters so we optimize this tag to provide information that could not be supplied in the title. Want to optimize your descriptions? Note that:
- Its size does not exceed 160 characters
- Content main keyword to position and possibly the secondary keyword (if any)
- Be descriptive of the content of the page, providing the most relevant information
- Be attractive (can include a call to action) to optimize our CTR
The semantic density is essential when positioning the SEO of our content. In this regard, it should include your keyword and variations in density between 2% and 5%. Why the range? Percentages below 2% do not highlight the term of the remaining terms include semantics while more than 5% density can be considered optimization.
But remember that not only writing to Google: we also write for the user. Therefore (and in order to gain naturally) should not be used alone to position the keywords but also synonyms and variations thereof.
The URLs must be friendly to users and search engines. What does this mean? In addition to containing the keywords must submit letters, numbers and hyphens only. And we must not only look at the positioning: semantic URLs are much easier to remember for the user and provide information on the content of the website.
Following the SEO of our content, we send a sitemap to major search engines to help them navigate our website (allowing them more easily to our content). Because not only is the text content should generate and send a sitemap for images and videos others.
Continuing with the previous point, if we want our files get lasting results over time not only have to strive to optimize our SEO articles and video should also be optimized.
The SEO of our images
Images are neglected in the eternal themes of content. However, not only optimize allow us to capture traffic through the same, it will also enable us to reinforce the position of the rest of our content. Therefore we should pay attention to:
- The file name of the image itself. By default the images are generated with no semantic file names. However, you can edit this name to include keywords to position telling search engines about the content of the same
- Similarly, we can include the keywords in the image title. This title also should be descriptive of the content of the image and as descriptive as possible
- As for the alt tag description, it is the most important factor to enhance the SEO element of our images. Therefore, given that search engines use this attribute to obtain information from the image, you need to be as descriptive as possible
- The content surrounding the image itself also provides information to search engines about the subject of it, so we must pay special attention and the image is contextualized
- The size is also important since heavy images will adversely impact the SEO positioning our content
- Regarding the format, the most recommended if you want to optimize the SEO of our content is. Jpg,. Png and. Gif
- And do not forget to send a picture sitemap to major search engines as mentioned above
The SEO of our videos
- The future is video. This format is increasingly being used by users and, therefore, is highly valued by search engines. Therefore, if you spread content through YouTube or any other video site, there are a number of SEO optimization factors that can not ignorant_
- Again the title of the video is one of the most important parts because, besides helping in positioning, the title will be displayed in both the portal and Google itself. Try to make it attractive, descriptive of the content and of course … It includes the key word!
- The video description is also important. Especially reviews the first two lines of description because it will be displayed in the portal results and those of Google. In addition, if you want to link one of your pages, this is the section in which to place the link
- Transcribe the video including the main keywords will help you improve the SEO of your video
- And finally, tag the video with those terms that you want to find the user
For more visit http://christianlouboutintop.com/